The following is an update to our previous Customer Commitment letters from CEO & President, Derek Figueroa.
November 4, 2020
Valued Seattle Fish Co. Partners –
Healthy, safe, and responsible food continues to be an essential need as our nation deals with the renewed emergence of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) infection rates. Seattle Fish is proud to partner with you to provide the nourishment that our communities require and to provide reassurance that access to safe food continues to be available. It is increasingly important that those involved in the food supply chain continue to take proactive and responsive measures.
Seattle Fish and our team of dedicated food safety professionals continue to prioritize the health and safety of our employees, customers, and business partners. We are monitoring the information available regarding increasing COVID-19 infection rates and continue our commitment to rigorous safety procedures inside our facility and in the field – all of which are in accordance with recommendations from the World Health Organization and the CDC.
Safety inside our facility:
- Our facility is the only seafood facility in Colorado to hold a SQF (Safe Quality Food) Level 3 certification and operates under strict FDA HACCP guidelines. Both safety programs outline rigorous cleaning and sanitization procedures that we have consistently followed as a normal course of our food safety commitment.
- We have changed our workflow to allow for appropriate distancing within our facility.
- Our employees are required to wear face masks and undergo temperature checks daily within the facility.
- Company safety efforts are led by a cross-functional Safety Team proactively charged with continual improvement and implementing new data from credible sources.
Safety in the field:
- Employees that visit customer locations, principally drivers and merchandisers, will have face protection and are required to wear face protection when interacting with the public.
- Maintain a distance of at least six feet where possible.
- Distribution vehicles include safety kits that contain sanitizer, gloves, and sterilizing wipes.
Seattle Fish is considered an essential business. We are aligned – as an organization and as an Seattle Fish family – on the fact that the hard work of our team members to provide essential nutrition is part of our obligation to the communities we serve. It is important, then, that we take proactive steps to ensure continuity of business and that we take tangible action to prepare to add resiliency to our supply chain and our ability to serve you. Please be assured that we are involved in measured planning and conversations with customers and vendors to understand where we can most prepared.
We value your business and respect the work you are performing in our community. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or needs.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
President & CEO