Back in March, we planned to introduce you to an oyster that is near-and-dear to our heart and the history of Seattle Fish Company. Then, the world as we knew it, changed.
So now we’re launching our Larimer Points with a renewed purpose – to help keep our restaurants open, keep people employed, and assist hardworking farmers in moving their product.
For every Larimer Points oyster sold through July, Seattle Fish Co. will donate .5 cents to the Colorado Restaurant Association Angel Relief Fund, which directly supports restaurant and food & beverage service hospitality workers who have been impacted by COVID-19.
Additionally, we are offering these oysters at half price through July – making it easier to add a premium product back to your menu that will drive positive change in our community. We hope you love these oysters as much as we do – and we look forward to helping our community, through nourishing food, together.
The Larimer Points Oyster Story
Over one hundred years ago, a sixteen-year-old boy could be seen walking the streets of downtown Denver, a cart full of fresh oysters in tow. Sourced from Seattle and brought to Colorado via train, he would sell the oysters to eager chefs and patrons around town who craved the taste of seafood from the coast.
That young man was Mose Iacino, Seattle Fish Company’s founder, and those streets have since become Denver’s Larimer Square.
In an ode to Mose and those very first oysters, we’re proud to bring you Larimer Points:
- A classic oyster with a story to tell, Larimer Points boast a bold, seaside brininess
- Smooth, clean follow through
- Hard shell; easy to shuck
- Type of Oyster: Crassostra virginica
- Site: Chincoteague, VA
- Salinity Range: 27-32 parts per thousand
- .5 cents of every oyster sold through July will be donated to the Colorado Restaurant Association Angel Relief Fund, which directly supports restaurant and food & beverage service hospitality workers who have been impacted by COVID-19
*Available in 25 ct. & 100 ct. bags. Ask your Seattle Fish Co. Sales Rep about placing future orders of Larimer Points Oysters.