Dear Valued Partner,
Healthy, safe, and responsible food continues to be an essential need as our nation deals with the impact of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). Seattle Fish Co. is proud to partner with you to provide the nourishment that our communities require, and to provide reassurance that access to safe food continues to be available. Now, more so than ever, it is important that those involved in the food supply chain take proactive and responsive measures.
Seattle Fish Co. is focused on prioritizing the health and safety of our employees, customers, and business partners. We continue to monitor the information available regarding COVID-19, have enacted rigorous procedures inside our facility, and have set rules with regard to our personnel in customer locations – all in accordance with the recommendations of the World Health Organization and the CDC.
Safety Inside Our Facility
- Our facility is the only seafood facility in Colorado to hold a SQF (Safe Quality Food) Level 3 certification and operates under strict FDA HACCP guidelines. Both safety programs outline rigorous cleaning and sanitization procedures that we have consistently followed as a normal course of our food safety commitment.
- We have reduced our shifts to four per week to allow for extra cleaning and sanitation.
- We have changed our workflow to allow for appropriate distancing within our facility.
- Our employees are required to wear face masks and other appropriate PPE within the facility
- Daily temperature checks for all employees
- Paid sick leave has been enhanced to provide relief to employees and keep ill workers home
Safety In The Field
- Employees that visit customer locations, principally drivers and merchandisers, will have face protection and are required to wear face protection when interacting with the public.
- Maintain a distance of at least six feet where possible
- Safety kits are installed in our distribution vehicles that include sanitizer, gloves, and sterilizing wipes
- Drivers are instructed to conduct a touchless delivery and we have discontinued any requirement to sign invoices and proof of delivery documents
Our community, and the world, has been through a lot over the last few months and we’re all looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines – including dining out at Colorado’s many incredible restaurants. Beyond our commitment and responsibility to safety, we have spent the last couple months investing in our business to launch new products and services to further expand our partnership, including:
Seattle Fish has partnered with REKKI to launch a mobile entry application that allows you to seamlessly browse catalogs, communicate with our order fulfillment, and place your order. Talk to your Sales Representative to get signed up – it’s as easy as receiving a text message.
Restaurant Recovery Oysters
We are excited to launch our own oyster – Larimer Points – a briny, Virginia oyster grown exclusively for Seattle Fish. While we intended to launch these oysters in March, we have decided to launch these oysters with a purpose – to help offer value to our restaurants, keep our community employed, and partner with our hard working farmers. Seattle Fish will offer these premium oysters at half price though July, with $.05 per oyster donated to the Colorado Restaurant Foundation Angel Relief Fund which directly supports restaurant and food and beverage workers who have been impacted by COVID-19.
Amnesty on Finance Charges
We understand the dramatic impact the closures had on your business. As your partner we want to be here for you as you navigate the new restrictions. We commit to waive all finance charges on past due trade receivables.
Thank you for being part of our Seattle Fish family. We value your business and respect the work you are performing in our community. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or needs.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
President & CEO